Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Can't wait to break them open


After the hunt at Value Village and my storage room, I found 5 'objects' that I found mentally stimulating,

Object 1 - Alarm Clock
Sony Dream Machine
stimulus >snooze, tuning controls
response > music or loud buzz sound
A clock radio from 10 years ago, cant believe i still had that. I found it interesting its called the dream machine, when in fact it would cut my dreams short.

Object 2 - Keyboard
Yamaha
stimulus >Demo mode, equalizer
response > sound
Maybe I can learn how to play piano at the same time.



Object 3 - Musical/Animated Plush Toy
Turtle
stimulus >Activated by button on foot
response >Movement/Music
I particularly get a kick out of this one, not only for a good laugh but i am interested in what makes this thing dance better than I do.


Object 4 - Preschool Interactive toy
'Ball'
stimulus > button within center
response > multi coloured lights illuminate
Although a very simple toy, it could have some interesting guts to its assembly.


Object 5 - Halloween Decoration
Severed hand
stimulus > motion/sound or push button
response >finger movement/ crawling action
The motion/ sound stimulus has me curious. Something i might pursue down the road.So here is to exploring the wonderful world of electronics.

0 Comments: