Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Winnipeg Railway






Today I went exploring around the old Railway station on Higgins and Main. Now an Aboriginal resource centre, this building use to be a immigration point for the city and Canada. What interests me are the platforms behind the station and the corridors below where train passenger traffic once flourished. I Was able to get on the rail line and explore the spaces above the platform, and east of it where the Disraeli bridge spans. The building scheduled for demolition on Higgins could be a possible bridging, spanning point. Or perhaps the old CPR station could be a spanning point to a warehouse across the street. But i am not completely satisfied with the bridging point. I am still in search of bridging points or possibly other spanning areas. but the rail line , a once public area could prove to be beneficial.

1 Comment:

Alyson said...

I've never seen the back portion of the station, kinda cool.

Also props on having the balls to walk around there, I've had some bad experiences on that corner and won't go anywhere near it, no matter how cool the old buliding is.